What is it about Nina Dietrich, L.L.C., that sets our PR firm apart?
I started Nina Dietrich, L.L.C. after working at some of the industry's largest and fastest-growing PR firms, as well as a number of smaller agencies. Through those experiences, I learned both what I did, and just as important, did not want to integrate into our practice.
Here's what sets us apart from other PR firms & how good PR should be done:
- We know how to work with reporters. Press contacts are important, but so is knowing how to work with those contacts. We never sell ourselves based on whom we know or rely solely on existing relationships to get a client’s story out. The media we work with appreciate the fact that we are knowledgeable, accessible, responsive and straightforward in our approach. We don’t believe in “spinning” a story for the press. We know how to craft a viable story idea and appreciate how reporters work so we can get them what they need. Then, we get out of their way and let them do their job.
- We are candid with our clients. We believe a strong PR initiative is about good storytelling, which starts with listening. We truly listen to our clients to fully understand their industries, unique corporate cultures and marketing challenges. Then, we tell our clients what they need to know (which is not always what they want to hear). We consider our straightforward counsel and candor—rather than gratuitous “spin”— to be critical elements of the agency/client relationship.
- We have a good "bedside manner." Like the physician's art of good bedside manner, we believe that how we deal with our clients and the process of working together are as important as the results we deliver. That means being responsive, demonstrating the highest levels of integrity and commitment in everything we do, and being the kind of people that clients like to work with.
- We have earned our tenure. It's not often you will get a senior person to work on your account day in and day out. With more than three decades in the business, I personally still love to pitch stories and write—often the first tasks senior staffers love to delegate to junior team members at large agencies.
- We adhere to a strong code of ethics. We are refreshingly honest. We don't under-service our clients. We purposefully avoid conflicts of interest, and we won't represent a company whose own way of doing business compromises our own ethical standards.
- Our work is smart, strategic and sound. We are smart and strategic in our thinking, program development and execution. We initiate only high-value activities that directly impact client objectives. There are no off-the-shelf solutions here.
- Unusual client longevity is a hallmark of our firm. Many of our clients have been with the firm for more than a decade, some since our inception in 1996. That's rare in our industry. The best way to find out why is to speak with them, read their testimonials or visit our LinkedIn profile.